Saturday, October 4, 2014

The universe is listening




So I know I haven’t written in a while. I have missed you. I hope you have been well.


I went off the grid on a little trek up to the clouds recently and the pressure of trips that involve crazy beautiful views is you always hope that in a quiet moment a sudden epiphany hits you in an almost magical-movie-like scene. You hope that the winds gush past your face gently whispering sweet nothings, the sun is big and bright but not harsh enough to make you squint, its a warm glow and the silence of nature engulfs you, leaving you with your thoughts. But, I normally feel the epiphanies of life hitting me in chaos, a bus ride, airports, being stuck in traffic. So the calm is unfamiliar territory. I was sceptical because that is what I do. I question everything, putting everything through the sieve of reasoning.


I have always rationalised things, and loved putting things in little tiny boxes with pretty labels on them. I call it compartmentalising my life. Its a weave of very fragile networks of feelings, memories and dreams that are balancing on a thin yet taut wire of hope.


So I said epiphany or not, I am going to have fun on this trip. And I did just that. On the way back from our final trek, down the Himalayan range, we stopped and I took a short walk to pick up a few pebbles by the river to remember the trip by and was grateful for the gift of this life. I looked up and it happened. Wind, sun and can you believe it a freaking rainbow. I thought to myself in a quasi-jungian afterthought that like the river there is really no stopping what happens to you, rocks, curves and sharp edges are bound to come along, you just embrace this life, its the only one you have and let the universe in and hope it turns out okay and maybe the universe will gift you a rainbow.


I have never really been a believer of the whole universe conspiring for you-Paulo Coelho-theory. But, this year has been an eye-opener. The universe is real and it’s got one hell of a sense of humour. You know how the believers warn you-Be careful what you wish for it may come true, Be careful what you put out in the universe. Well, I cannot tell you how true that is. Everyday I spot things, signs, I meet people, get random messages that constantly take me places, rush me to thoughts that are manifestations of what my heart wants but the head nods against. It’s that dare to dream moment against all odds. Whatever has to happen will and whatever your story is, is beautiful. You want to become a millionaire, write a book, make a movie, own a restaurant, get hitched, have nine kids, have one last saucy affair, vacation in Peru. Whatever you want however big or small it is. You have to let it manifest, believe in it and let the universe take over. Caveat, the universe won't harm, so if you plan a murder or suicide or both, I doubt this is going to help much. It may, I am yet to meet a criminal/psychopath to test this theory with and I don't want to. (This is me NOT putting it out in the universe)

The more you put out into the universe the more it gives you back. It is a kind-hearted soul always listening and waiting for you to let go so it can start working and you can rest. You ask for things and hope for things but you are scared and I know this because I am just the same. The only thing standing between you and what you want is the fear you fester that it may not happen. Let go. The universe wants to help you be who you are meant to be so stop fighting it. Let it work its way into your story, because what your story is, is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment